Monday, January 30, 2017

spotlight on: hey the world is falling apart

Hi and welcome to another installation of Spotlight On, which is a monthly series here at Stardust and Words. The rest of the Spotlight posts can be seen here. Today, I thought I would use the Spotlight post to talk about something that I'm sure you guys are all aware of: the utter trash fire that is America right now! Whatever your politics, it's super clear that everything is extremely messy right now, and if you're like me, there is a fair amount of anger and fear just mixed in with your every day existence now. So I figured I'd take to the blog and give some recommendations of books that will not only allow you to escape for a minute from the craziness of the outside world, but also books that are A+ with representation of people and things that this new political landscape threatens. In supporting these books, we are supporting these authors, some of whom stand to lose a lot in this new landscape, but who are still fighting and creating things that are beautiful.

1. The Sun is Also A Star – Nicola Yoon
2. History is All You Left Me – Adam Silvera
3. I'll Give You the Sun – Jandy Nelson
4. The Female of the Species – Mindy McGinnis
5. When the Moon Was Ours – Anna Marie McLemore
6. When We Collided – Emery Lord
7. Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda – Becky Albertalli
8. Wolf by Wolf – Ryan Graudin
9. Red Queen – Victoria Aveyard
10. To All the Boys I've Loved Before – Jenny Han
11. The Hate U Give – Angie Thomas (support it when it comes out – February 28)
12. All American Boys – Jason Reynolds and Brendan Kiely
13. An Ember in the Ashes – Sabaa Tahir
14. Shatter Me – Tahereh Mafi
15. I Am Malala – Malala Yousafzai

xx
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment

80% Read the Printed Word!