Wednesday, February 10, 2016

waiting on wednesday: the girl from everywhere

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted over at Breaking the Spine!

This week's pick: The Girl From Everywhere
by Heidi Heilig

release date: February 16

blurb: It was the kind of August day that hinted at monsoons, and the year was 1774, though not for very much longer.

Sixteen-year-old Nix Song is a time-traveller. She, her father and their crew of time refugees travel the world aboard The Temptation, a glorious pirate ship stuffed with treasures both typical and mythical. Old maps allow Nix and her father to navigate not just to distant lands, but distant times - although a map will only take you somewhere once. And Nix's father is only interested in one time, and one place: Honolulu 1868. A time before Nix was born, and her mother was alive. Something that puts Nix's existence rather dangerously in question...

Nix has grown used to her father's obsession, but only because she's convinced it can't work. But then a map falls into her father's lap that changes everything. And when Nix refuses to help, her father threatens to maroon Kashmir, her only friend (and perhaps, only love) in a time where Nix will never be able to find him. And if Nix has learned one thing, it's that losing the person you love is a torment that no one can withstand. Nix must work out what she wants, who she is, and where she really belongs before time runs out on her forever.


~~~~

I just recently finished Alexandra Bracken's fabulous time-travel novel, Passenger, and so I have been itching for another YA time travel romp to read! I've seen tons of hype for this one, so I'm really hoping that it lives up to the expectations. I can't wait to see where this book takes us in time! 

what are you waiting on?

xx
Sunny 

12 comments:

  1. Fortunately there isn't much wait left on this one. I keep hearing amazing things about it, so I definitely want to read it too! Great pick!

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... thank god!! Hope we both end up enjoying it! :)

      Delete
  2. I've read some good stuff about this one. Nice pick! Thanks for stopping by The Cover Contessa! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard so many good things about this book already! I'M EXCITED!! And that says a lot because I'm usually NOT into time travel books ... I hope we'll both enjoy it! :D

    Here's my WoW! :)
    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard great things about this book. I haven't read many time travel books so, I'm really excited to read it, too!
    I hope you love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The premise of this intrigues me so much but I've heard such mixed things about this that I'm not sure I'll read it! Hope you love it!!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh, this book was, and maybe it still is, "read now" on Netgalley.
    I hope you'll enjoy it.
    Here is my WoW: http://wp.me/p76RED-4n

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no idea why this is the first time I've heard of this one but it sounds really good! I love a good time traveling book, plus that cover is really cool looking to me.

    -Jamie @TheRebelliousReader

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to this one too! It sounds so good and I love the cover. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am reading this book now and so far it is pretty interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can probably count on one hand the amount of time-travelling books I've read so would definitely like to read more of that genre. This looks like an interesting one. Love the cover and blurb. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

80% Read the Printed Word!