Tuesday, August 11, 2015

top ten tuesday: authors with the most

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted over at the Broke and the Bookish, and this week's theme is: "August 11: Top Ten Authors I've Read The Most Books From." I always love a chance to talk about some of my favorite authors, so I am totally in love with this week! I can't wait to see what you all put as well :)


1. Rick Riordan = 15 books

After following Percy Jackson and all of the Heroes of Olympus books through their publications, I read the Kane Chronicles and the two additional novels in the Percy Jackson world that Riordan wrote. Aside from the tiny series with millions of books that I read when I was really little, Riordan is the author that I have read the most books from, by far, and will remain forever one of my favorites.





2. Lemony Snicket/Daniel Handler = 14 books

With 13 books in the Series of Unfortunate Events, it was easy for Lemony Snicket to secure a spot on this list. I love this author, for his strangeness as much as for his writing. I also read Why We Broke Up last year and loved it, proving that Daniel Handler can impress just as much as his alter ego, Snicket, can. 






3. Sarah Dessen = 10 books

I went through a stage where all I wanted to read was Sarah Dessen books, and I literally read every single thing she had written within the span of a couple weeks. Since then, I've kept up with her new releases, and though they aren't some of my absolute favorite books, I do find myself going back to them from time to time and always end up enjoying myself when I'm reading one of hers. 





4. Cassandra Clare = 10 books

Clare's Shadowhunter world is one of my favorite literary places to visit, and I know that this number will grow in the years to come. Between the six Mortal Instruments, three Infernal Devices and the Bane Chronicles, I have almost an entire shelf dedicated to Clare's novels. I can't wait for the release of Lady Midnight in 2016. 




 5. Ally Carter = 9 books

For me, as a thirteen year old girl in a boring southeastern town, the idea of girls being extraordinary was something really enticing, and Carter's Gallagher Girls series fed my need for excitement. I also enjoyed the three Heist Society novels, and though I haven't gotten to it yet, I feel sure I will like All Fall Down just as much as her other novels.  






6. J.K. Rowling = 11 books 

I think this is pretty self-explanatory. 7 Harry Potters, Fantastic Beasts, Quidditch Through the Ages, The Tales of Beetle the Bard, and a desperate read of the Casual Vacancy. I will love this woman forever.






7. Jennifer L. Armentrout = 7 books  

This woman has written an incredible amount of books, and I really would like to get more into her New Adult series, as I have heard great things about them! For now, I have read the Covenant series and the first book in the Lux series, and I loved every single second of these novels. I know the number by this woman's name will grow, because she is super talented.





8. John Green = 6 books

(I had to be shameless and use my own picture with this incredible person lol) I've read everything that John Green has written and I will continue to do so until he chooses to write no more words. He is one an inspiration to me, from his novels to his youtube to his social media platform and what he does with it. 






9. Richelle Mead = 7 books 

I read the Vampire Academy series last year, then read Bloodlines in 2015. I haven't continued on with that series yet, but I plan to, once I acquire the rest of the books! I also can't wait for her new release later this year, entitled Soundless. 



 



10. Sarah J Maas = 5 Books

Sarah J Maas is my queen, I bow to her, I will read her grocery lists if she would ever allow me to. Throne of Glass is, in my opinion one of the best series to grace the YA shelves, and I also adored her Beauty and the Beast retelling that came out this year. 




What are your picks for this list??

xx
Sunny

5 comments:

  1. J.K Rowling is on my list too, I've read all 13

    ReplyDelete
  2. i listed alot of the same authors for my TTT for today as you did! riordan and rowling are two of them! great post this week!
    Emily @Wholly-Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had Riordan, Snicket, and Rowling as well! (I haven't read most of these others, though, besides The Fault in Our Stars and the first Throne of Glass book.) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I completely forgot to post my link, but here's my list:

      http://thespellboundreader.blogspot.com/2015/08/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-authors-ive.html

      Delete
  4. I need to read more of these authors :)
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete

80% Read the Printed Word!