Wednesday, June 24, 2015

waiting on wednesday: Beyond the Kingdoms

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted over at Breaking the Spine, where each week everyone talks about a highly anticipated upcoming release!

This week's pick: Beyond The Kingdoms (Land of Stories #4) by Chris Colfer
goodreads
release date: July 7

(obviously, since this is the fourth book in a series, there will be spoilers in this description!)

synopsis: Fairy tales are just the beginning.

The Masked Man is on the loose in the Land of Stories, and it's up to Alex and Conner Bailey to stop him...except Alex has been thrown off the Fairy Council, and no one will believe they're in danger.

With only the help of the ragtag group of Goldilocks, Jack, Red Riding Hood, and Mother Goose and her gander, Lester, the Bailey twins discover the Masked Man's secret scheme: He possesses a powerful magic potion that turns every book it touches into a portal, and he is recruiting an army of literature's greatest villains!

So begins a race through the magical Land of Oz, the fantastical world of Neverland, the madness of Wonderland, and beyond. Can Alex and Conner catch up to the Masked Man, or will they be one step behind until it's too late?

Fairy tales and classic stories collide in the fourth adventure in the bestselling Land of Stories series as the twins travel beyond the kingdoms!


~~~
I absolutely love this series, I think it is so clever and nicely crafted to appeal to small kids but also to be enjoyable for older people. I've been waiting since last summer for the fourth installment to come out, so I am super excited because it is so soon! If you haven't read this series I would highly recommend that you give it a try! 

What are your picks this week?

xx
Sunny 

17 comments:

  1. I have yet to read the third one, well listen to it. Chris Colfer does such a good job narrating them, he really brings out the magic. I should really get to it before this one releases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh I didn't even realize that he was the narrator of the audiobooks! I might have to look into that!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of the books in this series and while I don't think it's my type of read I do love the cover :) I hope you enjoy this once it releases! Thanks for stopping by.

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a fun read. I hope you enjoy it.
    Here's my WOW

    Also don't miss my $30 giveaway to Amazon here

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this series before, but i'll definitely have to check it out. It looks really cute and fun!
    Olivia @ Fluttering Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's adorable, definitely something light for fairy tale lovers. :)

      Delete
  5. This is a 100% new to me series but it sounds super interesting! Thanks for sharing!!

    Thanks for stopping by My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is flying under the radar because it is middle grade, but honestly I connect to the characters and I think there's something in these books for everyone! :) Thanks Eva!

      Delete
  6. This sounds so fun! Love the premise of the fairy tale characters in adventures. It really sounds good. Not my usual type of read but I am really interested in this series now.

    Please check out my WOW! http://thankyoumsbowen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its great because it is all the fairy tale characters that you know and love in one world! Even if you don't usually like this type of thing, it is very light and fun, so i don't think you'll be bored :) thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. My daughter is waiting on this one! She can't wait for it! Great one. Happy reading.
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series was actually recommended to me by some very smart 10-12 year old girls that I babysit, so we eagerly await this release together. I hope your daughter loves it!

      Delete
  8. I really want to check this one out too! It sounds excellent. I have to read the first book soon!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! More people need to give this series a try! I hope you like it if/when you end up reading it! :)

      Delete
  9. I haven't heard of this series before but it looks like a fun read! I hope you enjoy it! :D
    Ariel @ Bookish Confessions

    ReplyDelete

80% Read the Printed Word!