Thursday, January 2, 2014

Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt

Hello and welcome back to These Stardust Words! Today, we're going to be attempting a booktube challenge, which I first saw on Christine and Katy's channels! The challenge was originally created by Sarah, and now its to be attempted by yours truly! The rules are simple- there is a clue given, and you must scour your bookshelf to find a book that fits the description. In the interest of being honest, I'm going to use all my own photos... crappy ones taken off my phone, but mine all the same.

First, here are my shelves.












































Alright! Now to start the challenge. Complete with pictures from me, with different effects (to spice things up) courtesy of me!


1. Find an author's name or title with the letter Z in it- Markus Zusak- The Book Thief



2. Find a classic- Sherlock Holmes- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (I have the prettiest version of this ever) 


3. Find a book with a key on it- Bitterblue- Kristin Cashore (not just one but THREE keys) 

4. Find something on your bookshelf that's not a book- My plush Sven from the movie Frozen :)

5. Find the oldest book on your shelf- The Outsiders- S.E. Hinton- it was my uncle's and then my mother's. This version is from 1967.


6. Find a book with a girl on the cover- Throne of Glass- Sara J. Maas

7. Find a book that has an animal in it- Life of Pi- Yann Martel- there's animals in it AND on it so there

8. Find a book with a male protagonist- Colin Singleton from An Abundance of Katherines- John Green

9. Find a book with only words on it- All-American Girl- Meg Cabot (those tiny stars don't even count ok) 

10. Find a book with illustrations in it- The Austere Academy (Book 5 in A Series of Unfortunate Events)- Lemony Snicket


11. Find a book with gold lettering- The Mark of Athena- Rick Riordan

12. Find a diary (true or fictional)- The Princess Diaries- Meg Cabot

13. Find a book written by someone with a common name (like Smith)- A Game of Thrones- George R.R. Martin 

14. Find a book that has a closeup of something on it- Days of Blood and Starlight- Laini Taylor 

15. Find a book on your shelf that takes place in the earliest time period- Odyssey- Homer

16. Find a hardcover book without a jacket- Clockwork Princess- Cassandra Clare (I MOURN FOR THIS JACKET)

17. Find a teal/turquoise colored book- The Fault In Our Stars- John Green

18. Find a book with stars on it- These Broken Stars- Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner

19. Find a non-YA book- The Night Circus- Erin Morgenstern 


I think that means I won? In any case, that was a fun challenge, and a lot harder than I originally thought! I hope you enjoyed. 

xx
Sunny

1 comment:

80% Read the Printed Word!