Monday, December 16, 2013

TBR Pile Reading Challenge 2014

Hi all!

Exciting news today! Thesestardustwords has decided to join in the fun and insanity that is the 2014 TBR Pile Challenge! I don't know why thesestardustwords is referring to herself in the third person, but yeah this is happening.

This challenge is hosted over on Bookish (visit them here) and basically its this big book party where everyone tries to finish the books they've bought or looked at or coveted but never got to. The rules are simple: you have to read books that are from 2013 or earlier, then review them. This is a way for us to weed out our ever-growing TBR piles, that will keep on growing from all the 2014 releases, and also to read books that we've always wanted to but never got the chance to. I'm so excited to be a part of this challenge, as I have a TON of books that I've bought, either in e-book or real book form, over the last two years that I've just never gotten to.

I'm going to start at the level of "A Friendly Hug," which is 11-20 reviews. I want to start low just to make sure I can meet it, because while you can move up levels, you can't move down. So that means that, over the course of the next year, you'll get 11-20 book reviews that you can easily pick up, seeing as how they're from 2013 or before. The other good news: you don't have to have a blog to participate in this challenge! As long as you post a review somewhere (goodreads, amazon, wherever) you're good to go. There's also going to be challenges, giveaways, and a place to link up your reviews each month. I think that its a great way to get everyone reading together.

Anyways, I'm super excited to be able to participate in this challenge! If you want to join as well, there will be a link included at the end of this post. Happy reading!

Join the challenge!

xx
Sunny

1 comment:

80% Read the Printed Word!